Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Skinny in your mini?


People always ask me what the secret to being skinny is. I don't consider myself thin but if I did have a secret it would be the snacks that my mother (on a constant diet) has made me accustomed too. Here are 10 delicious/fast/cheap/low calorie things my mother and I eat.

1) Instead of regular cookies try baby cookies dipped in creamy stirred vanilla yogurt.
2) Microwave chopped sausage and mix it with cottage cheese.
3) Boil a chicken soup base and add chopped sausage/chicken, celery, carrots, and rice.
4) A Soft boiled egg (5 min) with toast and margarine (basic but delicious).
5) Instead of popsicles kick it old school with frozen juice boxes!
6) Mix cinnamon and sugar in a dish, cut up an apple and use the cinnamon as a dip. Or you can peel the apple, glaze the cinnamon sugar over it, and microwave it for 2 1/2 minutes. Eat with 1/2 cup of nonfat vanilla yogurt
7) MMM (obsession this year) sliced tomato with a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper, and either mozzarella (sliced from a ball), flavoured havarti, or feta cheese.
8) Want a veggie to bbq? Grilled zucchini is to die for!!!
9) Salad & spinich mixed with walnuts, cooked pears, and pommegranate seeds (this one not so cheap).
10) Light rye (wasa brand) with layer of both margarine/butter and honey.

Hope you enjoy all these things as much as I do!
Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment